2.8 to a 3.1 turbo by intlcutlass
Started on: 12-16-2002 08:55 AM
Replies: 2
Last post by: skalor on 12-17-2002 04:05 PM
intlcutlass

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-16-2002 08:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for intlcutlassSend a Private Message to intlcutlassDirect Link to This Post
What on the wiring harness needs to be changed when I swap the motor from the 2.8 with a distributor cap, to a 3.1 DIS.
The Turbo part I already know about, there is 2 extra wires that I will need to run that go between the ecm and the wastegate solenoid. (I have a TGP computer). Hey, that's question # 2. I know that if I wanted to use this TGP computer in my 89 Cutlass, that all the pinouts are the same. But then again the 2.8 in my Cutlass is also a DIS system. Anyone have any input???
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Unltd1

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 50
Rate this member

Report this Post12-16-2002 12:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Unltd1Click Here to visit Unltd1's HomePageSend a Private Message to Unltd1Direct Link to This Post
only input I have for you would be to talk to Mechanic on http://discussions.gmforums.com/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=265 . He has a 3100SFI w/Turbo in his Fiero(using the same ECM i think etc). Hope that helps

-Darius

------------------
1987 Fiero GT
Project car

skalor

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-17-2002 04:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for skalorClick Here to visit skalor's HomePageSend a Private Message to skalorDirect Link to This Post
First of all come over to the forums listed on www.turboGPgarage.com and we'll help you out. Also check out the very bottom of this page for some scanned wiring schematics of the turbo 3.1: http://www.diy-efi.org/gmecm/ecm_info/1227730/

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock