Started on: 10-29-2002 11:10 PM
Replies: 5
Last post by: BlkBird on 10-30-2002 06:04 PM
Formula88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post10-29-2002 11:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Direct Link to This Post
So, I'm surfing Ebay looking for a late '90's Pontiac CD radio/CD player with EQ. I've found some Monsoon units from Firebirds, and other than the "Monsoon" label on the front, they are visually identical. I know they have more power and are upgraded units. Here's the question: Will they work in a Fiero the same as a regular late model radio? I know I'd need the wiring and antennae adapter either way, but didn't know if the Monsoon used amplified speakers or not. The old Delco/Bose system had amps at each speaker, so a head unit like that wouldn't work with regular speakers. Has anyone tried using a Monsoon system in a Fiero?

Thanks!

------------------
--------------Forever In My Heart----------------
Jack Daniel Miller --- Dec. 29, 1925 - Oct. 14, 2002
Ruby Cantrell Miller - Jan. 20, 1932 - Aug. 31, 2002
It won't rain all the time. The Sky won't fall forever,
And tho' the night seems long, Your tears won't fall forever.

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
MOBILE

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-30-2002 04:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MOBILESend a Private Message to MOBILEDirect Link to This Post
Don't quote me but I believe the Monsoon systems have a single seperate amplifier.
Can't remember for sure.
Good Luck,
Free Bump!

MOBILE

------------------
Member MN Fieros Forever 1986 GT. Self Installed SC3800/getrag almost everything performance wise is modified/upgraded, inside and out. Over 10 years in Car Audio and Car Electronics Experiance P.S. GOT 19"s??(all the way around)

Formula88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-30-2002 09:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Direct Link to This Post
Yeah, that's what I'm trying to find out for sure. Can I just take a Monsoon head unit and use it with a non-Monsoon system? Hopefully someone's tried this already.
Hank is Here

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post10-30-2002 10:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Hank is HereSend a Private Message to Hank is HereDirect Link to This Post
The ones with monsoon apprear to be just a regualr UP3 unit. I'd think that they would just drop in as an non monsoon. You will need an adapter harness for it to go in the Fiero

Formula88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-30-2002 02:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Direct Link to This Post
Yeah, they will physically drop in, but do they require external amps, etc. to work? That's the big "if."
BlkBird

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-30-2002 06:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlkBirdSend a Private Message to BlkBirdDirect Link to This Post
You could go to the electronic section of www.ls1.com and ask there. They'd know for sure. When I owned my '98 T/A I was'nt that impressed with its Monsoon 10 speaker system.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock