Fuel pressure leakdown tolerences by BC-GT
Started on: 10-28-2002 09:02 PM
Replies: 2
Last post by: GTDude on 10-30-2002 10:31 AM
BC-GT

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-28-2002 09:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BC-GTSend a Private Message to BC-GTDirect Link to This Post
So I hooked up a fuel pressure guage to my car and turn the key, fuel pump primes for 2 seconds and without starting it I get 40 PSI. Within 2 minutes I've got under 10 PSI. If I start it and let it idle it sits at 33 PSI. Is this normal?
And would it have any effect on my crappy gas mileage. Most of managed to get out of it is 17 MPG(babying it), driving normal usually get about 13-15 or so.

PS: The fuel injectors are new, as well as the regulator. The cold start injector and fuel pump are of unknown age.

------------------

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
BC-GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-29-2002 07:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BC-GTSend a Private Message to BC-GTDirect Link to This Post
^üp^
GTDude

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 287
Rate this member

Report this Post10-30-2002 10:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GTDudeDirect Link to This Post
You've got a leakdown someplace. It is usually leaking back to the tank, but considering your fuel mileage you might want to consider removing the fuel rail and see if any of the injectors are leaking and don't forget the cold start injector. They can leak too. Also, the press regulator can leak. I'd almost bet on a leaking injector.

Before you go thru all that....you might want to try some GOOD injector cleaner like LUCAS if you can find it in your area. It is awesome. I am most familiar with this product, but others may know of other products that do a good job. Good luck and let me know if I can help!

Phil

PS Just because an injector is new does not mean it's good!
------------------

GTDude
OVER 25 years GM experience

[This message has been edited by GTDude (edited 10-30-2002).]

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock