Monsoon ID by Bobohead
Started on: 09-17-2002 05:18 PM
Replies: 2
Last post by: fiero77 on 09-17-2002 11:14 PM
Bobohead

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-17-2002 05:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoboheadSend a Private Message to BoboheadDirect Link to This Post
What's the diff between the Monsoon CD system found in later model Trans AMs and the 'regular' UP3? I know the monsoon has a seperate amp and the Monsoon name on the CD player, but what else?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Bobohead

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-17-2002 09:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoboheadSend a Private Message to BoboheadDirect Link to This Post
*bada-bump*
fiero77

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-17-2002 11:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fiero77Send a Private Message to fiero77Direct Link to This Post
The standard UP3 has internal amplification with standard GM wiring configuration for power and speakers. Typicaly low powered. The Monsoon system is much higher powered with the amplification being external. These systems have seperate Midrange and tweeters with a Subwoofer in the rear. The wiring configuration is also different from the standard GM wiring harness. Same harness just wired differently. Uses common grounds on outputs to amps. You could not substitute one radio for the other with out some indepth work. Hope this helps some.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock