Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Technical Discussion & Questions - Archive
  Whatcars can a 85Gt4Spped take and what abount a 94 3.1 cavalier?

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

Whatcars can a 85Gt4Spped take and what abount a 94 3.1 cavalier? by GTNOKC
Started on: 08-13-2002 03:08 PM
Replies: 2
Last post by: banditbalz on 08-13-2002 05:39 PM
GTNOKC

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-13-2002 03:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GTNOKCSend a Private Message to GTNOKCDirect Link to This Post
Hey guys,
Just a quick question here. If your 85Gt 4 speed is in good running shape what can it take? will it run a 94 Cavalier R.S. Convertible 3.1 Auto? as one of my friends (one that got me into Fiero's has one and want to race sometime when mines fixed) I had a 89 z24 cavalier with a Auto and it would run his 94 3.1 on take off and he would blowby me at abount 80 till he hit his 105 cut off where my 89 z24 would run right past the 120 mark highest I ever had the rpms was up to 6000k on it abount 4am in the morning on a long strech of highway between where I work and my home, was quite excting but also rather scary I.E. Deers cows and what ever else might wonder into the road was in front of you... I have to say I dont think I will drive that fast again, had just had the z24 abount 2-3 days and wanted to try to see if it would blow as it was under a 2 week they repair whatever happens.... anyway it didnt break broke 3 weeks after that Dang Trans.... wasnt bad only 600.00 I did Love that Z24 tho. Miss it why i went back to the Fiero's same motor less car more fun! anyway just a few names of the most comon cars that might try to race us would also be cool Thanks guys!
D.H.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
DarkRain

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-13-2002 03:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DarkRainSend a Private Message to DarkRainDirect Link to This Post
you might beat a 92-94 Talon TSi, if the driver is bad, otherwise he SHOULD rock you.

You should beat most things off the line if you are a "good" driver, but I won't say anything about after 50 feet, heh.

It's hard to say, stock for stock, the Fiero can probably take quite a few low end sports cars (Z24s and such) if it runs good and you run good

Hard call...

banditbalz

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post08-13-2002 05:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for banditbalzClick Here to visit banditbalz's HomePageSend a Private Message to banditbalzDirect Link to This Post
I basically have both the above mentioned cars. My summer car is a 86 GT (2.8) with a 4 speed. Winter car is a '91 Cavalier (3.1) with an auto. Both cars are rated at 140 hp. With my wife at the wheel of the Cav, I hole shot her by 2 or 3 car lengths through 2nd gear. From there on in, I am not pulling away from her by much.

The way I look at it, the Fiero has the advantage of rear wheel drive, mid engine and obviously the 4 speed transmission...

------------------
Silver 86 GT
no truck, no trailer, no spray!

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock