Started on: 08-06-2002 04:24 PM
Replies: 5
Last post by: Unltd1 on 10-18-2002 10:49 AM
Unltd1

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 50
Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2002 04:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Unltd1Click Here to visit Unltd1's HomePageSend a Private Message to Unltd1Direct Link to This Post
Is there a place I can find replacements for those rubber bump stops that go inside the front spring (84-87)?(missing one, and one is split).
Did a search and found nothing do they exist? also what about that Rubber on the top of the stock springs, do lowering springs come with those or what to replace it with there?

Thanks in advance

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
connecticutFIERO

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 224
Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2002 04:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for connecticutFIEROSend a Private Message to connecticutFIERODirect Link to This Post
Fiero store is the only place I know that has the strut bumpers. I got some from them for my 88 rear.
Unltd1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2002 03:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Unltd1Click Here to visit Unltd1's HomePageSend a Private Message to Unltd1Direct Link to This Post
I looked they dont seem to have anything for the front. Any other leads?? Please?
thanks
batboy

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 66
Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2002 07:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for batboySend a Private Message to batboyDirect Link to This Post
Lowering springs do not come with the upper rubber thing. You need to reuse your old one. Sorry, don't know about the rubber stops. Often GM used similar ones in other vehicles that you might be able to use with minor modification. Supposedly, the 84-87 Fiero front ends are quite similar to Chevette front ends. Maybe check into that? If not, then maybe scrounge the boneyards or put the word out in the mall section and see if someone is parting out a Fiero.
Unltd1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2002 11:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Unltd1Click Here to visit Unltd1's HomePageSend a Private Message to Unltd1Direct Link to This Post
Found the answer Just in case anyone else needs it. Energy suspension has Bump stops that will fit, in both red and black "bullet Style" you can look them up on Jegs if needed the part numbers are 355-9-9103G (black) or 355-9-9103R (red). There are 2 per package and the cost of them is $8.69. Only thing is that the crossmember needs to be removed to install these.
Unltd1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2002 10:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Unltd1Click Here to visit Unltd1's HomePageSend a Private Message to Unltd1Direct Link to This Post
OK I also found some replacement spring dampers (the rubber on the top of the front springs) I thought it would be insane to re-use the old ones with a new set of Eibachs so here is the info for anyone who cares. The part number is 15.6103, and they are ~$11 each from Summit (available in Red or Black) they have approximately the same dimensions and I have test fit them on the crossmember and they fit well. Here is a pic so you can see what they look like next to the old stock ones.

If you find my posts useful please give me a rating.

------------------
1987 Fiero GT
Project car

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock