Whats my fiero? plastic? by KillerX
Started on: 08-01-2002 06:06 PM
Replies: 6
Last post by: Smoooooth GT on 08-02-2002 03:25 AM
KillerX

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2002 06:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KillerXSend a Private Message to KillerXDirect Link to This Post
I just called up Duramix to get some stuff and i asked about if they had anything to fix my side ground effects on the fiero and he said make sure there not SMC or fiberglass and find out what it is I just told him it was plastic (i may be dumb on this one) so if any1 could help me out here it would be great
thanX
Brad
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
mrfiero

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 149
Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2002 06:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfieroSend a Private Message to mrfieroDirect Link to This Post
The hood, roof panel, rear clip & decklid are SMC (sheet molded compound)......the rest is either RIM or RRIM (Reaction Injection Molded or Reinforced Reaction Injection molded)......basically plastic.

If you are repairing the ground effects then it is RIM or urehane, so the stuff from Duramix should work.

wingman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2002 06:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for wingmanClick Here to visit wingman's HomePageSend a Private Message to wingmanDirect Link to This Post
its endoflex (fiberglass)look in a haynes fiero book(u can get it from just about any library)and it will explain everything about the endoflex.
KillerX

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2002 06:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KillerXSend a Private Message to KillerXDirect Link to This Post
well i was putting my roof scoop on my roof but i thought the roof was plastic so im calling everyware like an idiot lookin for bondo that stinks to plastic and fiberglass man people must think im a moron lol
ThanX
Brad
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2002 06:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonDirect Link to This Post
for the sake of repairs, nose and rear are urathane, side panels are enduroflex/ or derivetive and hood, roof and decklid are SMC ez way to tell is by grinding a spot to see if it melts where grinder hit it.
atarian

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2002 01:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for atarianClick Here to visit atarian's HomePageSend a Private Message to atarianDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mrfiero:
The hood, roof panel, rear clip & decklid are SMC (sheet molded compound)......the rest is either RIM or RRIM (Reaction Injection Molded or Reinforced Reaction Injection molded)......basically plastic.

If you are repairing the ground effects then it is RIM or urehane, so the stuff from Duramix should work.

Mrfiero is correct!!!
Bayflex RIM polyurethane developed at Bayer and Mobay

Smoooooth GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 310
Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2002 03:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Smoooooth GTSend a Private Message to Smoooooth GTDirect Link to This Post
HHhhmm.. Mine's fiberglass now...

------------------
Under Construction.... Still!!

SmoothFieroGT@Yahoo.com

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock