Started on: 07-02-2002 09:25 PM
Replies: 3
Last post by: RacinRob on 07-03-2002 10:06 AM
FieroMaster88

Feedback score:    (43)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 168
Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2002 09:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMaster88Send a Private Message to FieroMaster88Direct Link to This Post
Well..this weekend I replaced my transmission and my clutch. After I finished, I hopped in my car, started it up and I couldnt get it into any gear. Before I changed the trans it worked great.

Today was the first day I have had to mess with it. I followed Archie's suggestions on his page, followed his clutch bleeding insturctions. Well checking everything I found that my clutch banjo on the petal was upside down, so I fixed that too. Well...now I can get it into gear when it's running, but it takes a lot of force. I was wondering if anyone had any idea what could be causing my problems. Do you think it has to do with the Throw out bearing fork in the trans?

Any help and suggestions are appreciated!

------------------
James Essar
Co-Founder of NEO Fiero Club!
88 V6 Coupe 3.2L V6 With NX Nitrous Wet shot (100-150HP Shot)
Stock 4, Wanna Race?

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
cowans

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2002 10:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cowansSend a Private Message to cowansDirect Link to This Post
When the tranny was removed, the piston in your slave will have extended to the end possibly allowing air in the system. Keep bleeding & finally place a vise-grip on the slave pushrod, push toward slave...are there any more bubbles released? If it requires alot of force to shift, your hydraulic function is not moving the clutch arm far enough. Continued force of shift will probably end up breaking a cable, or worse, chewing up your sycros(trans). I hope you checked your shifter fork while apart, they wear/crack with time. Did you replace your T.O. bearing?...always a good thing! I would start with the hydraulics... You should see at least 15/16" throw at the slave/clutch arm. Does the pedal have any slop/play? Alot of banjo's tend to bend, that will provide to much slop & not enough throw. Rodney sell an adjustable banjo... I made mine... I can now adjust where (on the pedal) my clutch releases/grabs! Is your pedal the new steel type?...the old ones bend. Do a search, more than enough info.
Be PATIENT, good luck,
Sandy

[This message has been edited by cowans (edited 07-02-2002).]

FieroMaster88

Feedback score:    (43)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 168
Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2002 12:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMaster88Send a Private Message to FieroMaster88Direct Link to This Post
I am begenning to think it is the TO bearing fork inside the bellhousing. I might take the trans back off and inspect it. Thanks for the info!
RacinRob

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2002 10:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RacinRobClick Here to visit RacinRob's HomePageSend a Private Message to RacinRobDirect Link to This Post
Fun sn't it? I'm going through the same thing right now, But I didn't have the tranny apart I just needed to change the clutcharm.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock