Started on: 06-04-2002 12:08 AM
Replies: 2
Last post by: Capt Fiero on 06-04-2002 01:00 AM
Capt Fiero

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 260
Rate this member

Report this Post06-04-2002 12:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Capt FieroClick Here to visit Capt Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Capt FieroDirect Link to This Post
I read an article in Car Craft recently about Static vs Dynamic Compression Ratio's. Static being what your piston compression raito is designed to make and dynamic is what real world compression you get taking into account cam blead off and other losses. In the article it said that anything over 160psi cranking compression is getting risky on pump gas. That kinda confuses me. As I have 165psi on my car. Can anyone explain why when I do a compression test I have 165-175psi. My car has been rebuilt, but to the best of my knowledge we were supose to have 9.75-1
David

------------------
David
85GT

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
FieroV6Dude

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-04-2002 12:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroV6DudeClick Here to visit FieroV6Dude's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroV6DudeDirect Link to This Post
That's probably about right, my rebuild with 3.1 pistons stating 8.5:1 is 137 psi. Anything over 9:1 is getting risky with pump gas unless you have outstanding combustion chamber/head cooling or aluminum heads.

------------------
Plastic's Fantastic...

Capt Fiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 260
Rate this member

Report this Post06-04-2002 01:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Capt FieroClick Here to visit Capt Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Capt FieroDirect Link to This Post
Isnt 9.75 supose to be around 150psi maybe lower considering the 280' cam I have. (208@.050)

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock