TV cable adjustment HELP by Banner
Started on: 04-16-2002 03:22 PM
Replies: 5
Last post by: SteveJ on 04-16-2002 08:57 PM
Banner

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2002 03:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BannerSend a Private Message to BannerDirect Link to This Post
Okay, as I understand it, I push the button in and rotate the throttle body.

Only some moron of an engineer designed it so I CANNOT REACH THE BUTTON!!
So how am I supposed to push it? Is there a special tool for this? Can I make a tool for this?

At this point I'm about to mod the cable so I can put it in upside down and press the freakin' button. Any suggestions?

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2002 03:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaDirect Link to This Post
You can reach the adjustment lever on the TV cable. Step in the trunk and reach over and under the adjustment stub and depress the lever. Now push the stub all the way in until it seats. NOw get in the car and with the engine off push the gas pedal to the floor about three times. The TV cable will self adjust. It is sometimes a good idea to come out a couple of clicks further than the self adjustment point. This will increase the line pressure at the shift points allowing for a firmer shift with less slippage. It should also help prolomng the life of the tranny.

------------------
87GT 3.4 Turbo Best 0-60 5.2 seconds
http://turbofiero.fierojoe.com/turbo.htm

BQUICK

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2002 04:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BQUICKSend a Private Message to BQUICKDirect Link to This Post
I feel for you man.....I can't push my button either.
And I need to adjust mine as it needs more line pressure on the 1-2 shift.
I was considering buying a new cable....until I read that you have to remove the side cover. Maybe I'll do it when I put the shift kit in.

"lever" I don't see a lever.

Banner

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2002 08:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BannerSend a Private Message to BannerDirect Link to This Post
Okay, I'm an idiot. I figured out the problem. When adjusting the Cable, you don't press the button at all, you just move the throttle body to the full open and it rachets out by itself.

Now in order to retract the device fully, you quite honestly have to REMOVE the one end of the cable to get to the button. Once it's retracted you can hook it back up and move the throttle to full open to adjust it again.

This is on a 87 V6 of course.

------------------
87 GT V6 Fiero

Banner

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2002 08:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BannerSend a Private Message to BannerDirect Link to This Post

Banner

766 posts
Member since Mar 2002
Oh, thanks for the info on making the adjustment for a firmer shift Dennis. I might check that out.

(and I don't know why, but on my car I can't get any finger under tht button)

SteveJ

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2002 08:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SteveJSend a Private Message to SteveJDirect Link to This Post
I beleive that farther out is a lower rpm shift point.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock