Removing windshield wiper arms? by recluse
Started on: 03-21-2002 06:18 PM
Replies: 5
Last post by: recluse on 03-21-2002 10:00 PM
recluse

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2002 06:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for recluseSend a Private Message to recluseDirect Link to This Post
My chiltons book says I need a special tool that I dont have. Is there any other way to remove them? thanks
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
jelly2m8

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 243
Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2002 06:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jelly2m8Send a Private Message to jelly2m8Direct Link to This Post
Lift up the wiper arm, and insert a small cotter pin, allen wrench, drill bit or something similar throught the 2 holes at the point where it attaches to the shaft.

The wiper arm will stay lifted up, and you can now wiggle it off.

------------------

rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2002 08:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonDirect Link to This Post
I just use 2 screwdrivers on ones that dont have the release tabs. one laid down on the side opposite the arm, other one as a pry bar using the others handle for a fulcrum. Just catch the edge and it pops rite off. I can take both off in about 5 seconds. They shoulda made all of them with the little tab where you just lift the arm and flip the little tab and it lifts rite off.
California Kid

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 274
Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2002 08:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for California KidSend a Private Message to California KidDirect Link to This Post
The simple tool is available at most auto part stores for about $2.49. You can do it with one hand behind your back (and I don't mean rip off the store).
jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2002 09:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post
I ordered the special tool but found the above methods worked just as well before the tool could arrive.

I stuck a clothes hanger through the two holes, it didn't hold the arm up, but there is some magic in those holes because the arm practically fell off in my hand once I did that. I used a screw driver and a block of wood for the fulcrum for the final pull.

Oh and I still have that special tool still in the shrink wrap if anybody wants one.

recluse

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2002 10:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for recluseSend a Private Message to recluseDirect Link to This Post
Got it with a screw driver.
thanks guys

[This message has been edited by recluse (edited 03-21-2002).]

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock