Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Technical Discussion & Questions - Archive
  Where to plug spark plug wires on distributor?

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

Where to plug spark plug wires on distributor? by Adrift
Started on: 02-09-2002 06:16 PM
Replies: 9
Last post by: ka4nkf on 02-10-2002 11:12 PM
Adrift

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2002 06:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AdriftClick Here to visit Adrift's HomePageSend a Private Message to AdriftDirect Link to This Post
How do you figure out where each spark plug wire is supposed to go on the distributor?
Thanks
Ari
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
conductor

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2002 06:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for conductorSend a Private Message to conductorDirect Link to This Post
6 or 4 plugs Ari?
Adrift

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2002 06:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AdriftClick Here to visit Adrift's HomePageSend a Private Message to AdriftDirect Link to This Post
avengador1

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 571
Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2002 06:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for avengador1Send a Private Message to avengador1Direct Link to This Post
Check your timing mark. With it set near 0 degrees the rotor should be pointing to the number 1 cylinder. This is if the engine is at top dead center, otherwise it is pointing to the number 4 cylinder. This means you have a 50:50 chance of getting it right. If you didn't adjust the distributor, put the plug wires on and try to start it. If it starts you're done if not you're 180 degrees off and have to move the wires around. Hope this helps. The number one cylinder position should be around the 4 o clock position standing behind the car. The firing order is 1-2-3-4-5-6 and the cylinders are ,standing behind the car left to right, closest to passenger compartment 6-4-2 and closest to rear of car 5-3-1.

------------------

[This message has been edited by avengador1 (edited 02-09-2002).]

rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2002 07:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonDirect Link to This Post
Your supposed to change em one at a time and you wouldnt have had that problem....
Rocky

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2002 09:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RockySend a Private Message to RockyDirect Link to This Post
Most Fiero's... but not all have a sticker on the underside of the rear hatch lid that shows the correct setup... check yours..

------------------
You name it and I've probably got it...Have had it...or will get it..or don't want it because my wife won't let me buy it..

Adrift

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2002 09:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AdriftClick Here to visit Adrift's HomePageSend a Private Message to AdriftDirect Link to This Post
Mine Dosen't have the sticker :~(

I don't think my timing is set up properly either...

mindscape

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2002 10:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mindscapeSend a Private Message to mindscapeDirect Link to This Post
Facing the engine from the back; assuming you are standing in the trunk. The the front plugs, the ones hard to get to for some people, are 2,4,6 (right to left) <-, and the back plugs are 1,3,5 (right to left) <-. The picture below indicates the layout.

Distributor cap is laid out as follows:

Adrift

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2002 11:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AdriftClick Here to visit Adrift's HomePageSend a Private Message to AdriftDirect Link to This Post
PERFECT! thanks
ka4nkf

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 148
Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2002 11:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ka4nkfSend a Private Message to ka4nkfDirect Link to This Post
mindscape
You are good, it could not get any better than that.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock