Started on: 01-01-2002 05:52 PM
Replies: 8
Last post by: lawrence on 01-07-2002 12:20 PM
Zoom88

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 137
Rate this member

Report this Post01-01-2002 05:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Zoom88Click Here to visit Zoom88's HomePageSend a Private Message to Zoom88Direct Link to This Post
I recieved my Sequential turn signal kit from Lawrence, before I start the install was wondering if anyone has installed them and had any tips/short cuts to share, such as what path you may have taken running the wire up front to the column, etc; ?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
cadero2dmax

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 60
Rate this member

Report this Post01-01-2002 09:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cadero2dmaxSend a Private Message to cadero2dmaxDirect Link to This Post
Can you give me the contact for these sequential turn signals?

G

Zoom88

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 137
Rate this member

Report this Post01-02-2002 02:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Zoom88Click Here to visit Zoom88's HomePageSend a Private Message to Zoom88Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by cadero2dmax:
Can you give me the contact for these sequential turn signals?

G

http://members.nccw.net/webe/sts/stsad.htm
excellent service !

ToddAsh

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-02-2002 01:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ToddAshSend a Private Message to ToddAshDirect Link to This Post
I've got them. They are great and the service couldn't be better.You don't have to run any wires to the column.Follow the instructions to also have sequential brake lights.Much easier and the brake lights look terrific.Mine have been in about 6 months and work perfect.Very easy to install and NO wiring needs to be done other than right at the bulbs.Todd
Bluemagic

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-02-2002 07:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BluemagicSend a Private Message to BluemagicDirect Link to This Post
I did not purchase his but I have the schematic diagram for this setup and it will work perfectly if properly installed.I made mine about a year ago with parts purchased from Radio Shack .

------------------
Keith
85 SE Fiero 4.9L Caddy
345hp

theogre

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 568
Rate this member

Report this Post01-02-2002 07:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theogreClick Here to visit theogre's HomePageSend a Private Message to theogreDirect Link to This Post
For 86.5 and later cars,,,, you should be able to find the GT's brake feed at C500 even in notch back cars.... Should be a blue wire at C500 terminal J9. (That's the big job by the battery.)

------------------
11-Sept-01, The day the world as we knew it ended.

cadero2dmax

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 60
Rate this member

Report this Post01-02-2002 10:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cadero2dmaxSend a Private Message to cadero2dmaxDirect Link to This Post
Thanks

G

ToddAsh

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-06-2002 10:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ToddAshSend a Private Message to ToddAshDirect Link to This Post
If you are installing these and don't want to run a control wire to the column it greatly simplifies the installation. Just follow the basic instructions.The only change is that the control wire off the module(GREEN on one side Gray on the other)connect to the RED wire that runs to the innermost bulb.So the inner bulb becomes the trigger for sequencing of brake light and turn signals.They now get all their input from the new modules.This now gives you sequential turn signals and progressive brake lights that really look great.
lawrence

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2002 12:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lawrenceClick Here to visit lawrence's HomePageSend a Private Message to lawrenceDirect Link to This Post
Zoom88,

Here is a link to Fiero Specific instructions:

http://members.nccw.net/webe/sts/stsfiero.htm

Unfortunately, I don't know of an easy way to get through the firewall. There are some suggestions at the link that might help.

You don't have to connect the control wires to the turn signal indicators. Instead, you can run the wires all the way to the front of the car (you can extend the wires as long as you want -- speaker wire will be fine) and connect to the front turn signals.

Also, this allows you to run the wires on the outside of the car. You can follow a brake line or something to get you to the front. Just be sure to tuck it nice and high to keep it out of harm's way. Watch for sharp edges and hot items.

Good luck, and if you find a good way, please let us know!

-L
http://members.nccw.net/webe/products - WebElectric Products

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock