FIERO CLUTCH WONT DISENGAGE FLUID WAS LOW by SUPERDUTY TT FIERO
Started on: 12-18-2001 02:47 AM
Replies: 4
Last post by: mrfiero on 12-18-2001 02:46 PM
SUPERDUTY TT FIERO

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-18-2001 02:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SUPERDUTY TT FIEROSend a Private Message to SUPERDUTY TT FIERODirect Link to This Post
HELP ANYONE I WAS DRIVING MY FIERO ONE DAY AND I WAS IN DRIVING AND ON THE WAY HOME THE STICK WAS WORKING FINE AND WHEN I WOKE UP AND THE CLUTCH WILL NOT DISENGAGE IS THIS BECAUSE THE TRANNY RAN LOW ON OIL?? DO I NEED A NEW TRANSMISSION?? THE CLUTCH IS ONLY 5 MONTHS OLD AND IT WORKS FINE WHEN IM IN GEAR BUT IT JUST WONT DISENGAGE!! I CAN START IN ANY GEAR AND IT WORKS ONLY IN THAT GEAR AND WHEN I TRY TO SHIFT IT STRATCHES WHEN I ATTEMPT TO CHANGE GEARS AND WILL NOT GO IN PLEASE HELP ME I FEEL LOST WITHOUT MY FIERO!!!!

THANKS TO ALL THAT REPLY

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
SLYGUY

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-18-2001 03:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SLYGUYSend a Private Message to SLYGUYDirect Link to This Post
Your tranny might still be okay. The first thing I would do is purge the system of any air.

The Master Cylinder went out on my car. The pedal fell to the floor and I couldn't disengage the clutch. Turned the key off, put into neutral, restarted and couldn't get it into gear.
First I bought a rebuilt master and attempted to install it and bleed the system with no success. I've read several times to never buy anything aftermarket or rebuilt. Makes sense when you consider that the original lasted as long as it did.
I bought a new GM master and installed. I bled the system with a MityVac brake bleeder and my clutch was restored.

I'm still getting air in the line so I'm gonna have the replace the slave cylinder also.

Good Luck

Sly

SUPERDUTY TT FIERO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-18-2001 03:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SUPERDUTY TT FIEROSend a Private Message to SUPERDUTY TT FIERODirect Link to This Post
I DIDNT RUN OUT OF CLUTCH FLUID I RAN OUT OF SYNCROMESH TRANSMISSION FLUID AND THATS WHY MY CLUTCH IS STUCK WHAT CAN I DO??? IS MY CLUTCH BAD?? RELEASE BEARING?? P-PLATE?
honegod

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-18-2001 03:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for honegodSend a Private Message to honegodDirect Link to This Post
IF YOU HAVE A STAMPED STEEL CLUTCH ARM WITH THE PLASTIC INSERT, THE PLASTIC BIT MIGHT BE BREAKING LOOSE, ALLOWING TOO MUCH SLOP, SO THE CLUTCH DOES NOT WORK RIGHT.

or your capslock fluid resivour might be low on fluid.

mrfiero

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 149
Rate this member

Report this Post12-18-2001 02:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfieroSend a Private Message to mrfieroDirect Link to This Post
Hmmmm.....you have two different threads going here. See your other post for my opinion (hint....you probably fried your tranny!)

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock