How much horsepower has a 3.1 V6 by Black87GT
Started on: 12-03-2001 11:10 AM
Replies: 2
Last post by: Black87GT on 12-03-2001 03:02 PM
Black87GT

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-03-2001 11:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Black87GTSend a Private Message to Black87GTDirect Link to This Post
I recently bought a 87 GT 3.1 V6. It has a manual 5-speed transmission.

Does anyone know how much horsepower is in there. According to the dealer (who has 15 years of fiero experience including tuning) it is about 160 HP.

Does ayone know if this is true and is there anyway to add a few more horses under the hood? (I already have a black bomber to replace my CAT).

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Formula88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post12-03-2001 02:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Direct Link to This Post
Depends on what the 3.1 came out of. Fieros never came with a 3.1 from the factory. If it's an OEM 3.1, you're probably looking at about 150hp? If it's a Fiero 2.8 that's had a 3.1 crank you could be a bit higher, since the Fiero has a slightly bigger cam than the stock 3.1 (I think).

Someone correct me if I'm wrong. Also, I know the Fiero has the highest performance iron 2.8 heads. I don't know if these are the same on the 3.1. The 3.4 iron heads are the same as teh Fiero 2.8 heads.

Sorry for the confusion - I guess it all comes back to "what kind of 3.1 is it?"

Black87GT

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-03-2001 03:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Black87GTSend a Private Message to Black87GTDirect Link to This Post
Well, I don't know if it was a 2.8 converted to a 3.1 or if it is just a 3.1 V6.

I also had the option of buying a 3.4 V6 because the engine needed to be replaced anyway, but that was about $1200 more, so I decided to stick with the 3.1 because it is more compatible with the original fiero parts(correct me if i am wrong).

maybe my fiero will be not as fast as some other cars but I am sure it will turn a few heads when I cruise down the streets.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock