Started on: 11-04-2001 01:56 PM
Replies: 6
Last post by: David Bartlett on 11-06-2001 09:59 PM
avengador1

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 571
Rate this member

Report this Post11-04-2001 01:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for avengador1Send a Private Message to avengador1Direct Link to This Post
I just got my Mustang/Fiero hood scoop from MPMotorsports and would like some help/tips on installing it please.

------------------

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
avengador1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-04-2001 05:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for avengador1Send a Private Message to avengador1Direct Link to This Post
Any suggestions on the easiest way to do this?Im just going to bolt it on but want to have an opening to cool the engine compartment. How big of a hole should I make?Any suggestions for finishing? How do I make it look good from the inside? Etc.. I would like some ideas to work on. Thank you
DaRkLoRD

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post11-04-2001 05:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DaRkLoRDSend a Private Message to DaRkLoRDDirect Link to This Post
cut the hole in the decklid first, then bolt it on.. I'd suggest putting some bondo around the edges to make it look like it's molded into the decklid. as for the underside, you could probably take a dremel to it and clean it up, and if you were planning on showing the car etc, you could even grind away at the decklid plastic so it's flush with the inner edges of the scoop, and then bondo it so it's smooth.. then repaint it. did that make sense? you also need to keep the EMI plate, that needs to be relocated to the underside of the scoop. I'm not sure what the best way of attaching that is.. rtv?? something higher temp?

Another option for the underside of the decklid, is to splice some heater tubing, and fit that over the edge of the cut material.

hope this helps!

------------------
steve@fieroproject.com
http://www.fieroproject.com

avengador1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-04-2001 05:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for avengador1Send a Private Message to avengador1Direct Link to This Post
It does and thank you.
hugh

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 160
Rate this member

Report this Post11-04-2001 06:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hughSend a Private Message to hughDirect Link to This Post
I don't know how thick the decklid is,but I have used door trim from Pep Boys on some truck body panels.It has an adhesive already on(in)it that just needs to be heated to become permanent.Looks good and (I think)comes in black or white.
avengador1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-04-2001 07:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for avengador1Send a Private Message to avengador1Direct Link to This Post
again, thank you
David Bartlett

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2001 09:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for David BartlettSend a Private Message to David BartlettDirect Link to This Post
I installed mine in the summer. At first I only bolted it on (I was a little frightened of cutting a giant hole in the decklid). About two weeks later I cut the hole out using a dremel tool (cut off wheel). It looks great, and I'll be glassing it in soon.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock