Started on: 10-04-2001 07:34 PM
Replies: 11
Last post by: lawrence on 10-05-2001 06:08 PM
Haze_Performance

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post10-04-2001 07:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Haze_PerformanceSend a Private Message to Haze_PerformanceDirect Link to This Post
I just hooked up my Sequential Turn Signals from Lawrence. http://members.nccw.net/webe/sts/stsad.htm
I hooked up the modules, new sockets & ran the control wires the the steering column. (hooked them to Lt. Blue & Dk. Blue) My problem is that the hazards WILL do the Sequential thing, but the turn signals and brake lights wont. All 6 flash at the same time. Whats the problem?

Thank You
-Haze

(For those that don't know what Sequential Turn Signals are)

------------------
Classic Fiero Owners - Click Here - Pennocks Wild Rides - Click Here

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
lawrence

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-04-2001 08:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lawrenceClick Here to visit lawrence's HomePageSend a Private Message to lawrenceDirect Link to This Post
Haze,

My guess is that you criss-crossed the control wires. In other words, you have the control wire from the left module connected to the right turn signal indicator, and vice versa.

Check that out and get back to me.

-L
http://members.nccw.net/webe/products - WebElectric Products

86seyellow

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 59
User Banned

Report this Post10-04-2001 08:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86seyellowSend a Private Message to 86seyellowDirect Link to This Post
When I was 17 , a friend of mine had a 67 cougar with these taighlights. I have always loved them. Thanks HAZE I am ordering mine right now. whemn you figure it out let me know how hard it was and how long it took

ALso make sure you vote in the general discussion on the paint

------------------

I can go as fast as I want unless I get caught

Haze_Performance

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-04-2001 08:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Haze_PerformanceSend a Private Message to Haze_PerformanceDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by lawrence:
Haze,

My guess is that you criss-crossed the control wires. In other words, you have the control wire from the left module connected to the right turn signal indicator, and vice versa.

Check that out and get back to me.

-L

You have mail..

------------------

Haze_Performance

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-04-2001 10:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Haze_PerformanceSend a Private Message to Haze_PerformanceDirect Link to This Post

Haze_Performance

7452 posts
Member since Mar 2000

Originally posted by 86seyellow:
When I was 17 , a friend of mine had a 67 cougar with these taighlights. I have always loved them. Thanks HAZE I am ordering mine right now. whemn you figure it out let me know how hard it was and how long it took

ALso make sure you vote in the general discussion on the paint

IT'S ALIVE!!!!! I just had a wire crossed. It was very easy to install & it looks GREAT!!!!

------------------

Jefrysuko

Feedback score:    (17)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post10-04-2001 10:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JefrysukoSend a Private Message to JefrysukoDirect Link to This Post
Sounds like a classic case of temporary color blindness!
Haze_Performance

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-04-2001 11:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Haze_PerformanceSend a Private Message to Haze_PerformanceDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jefrysuko:
Sounds like a classic case of temporary color blindness!

Actually I put the modules on the wrong side. I just switched the under dash wires & all was good.

------------------

lawrence

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2001 12:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lawrenceClick Here to visit lawrence's HomePageSend a Private Message to lawrenceDirect Link to This Post
Glad you figured it out.

Actually, the modules can go on either side of the car. You just have to make sure you connect the left module to the left indicator, and the right module to the right indicator.

Have fun!

-L

IwannaIRM

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2001 01:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IwannaIRMSend a Private Message to IwannaIRMDirect Link to This Post
Ok, I have Lawrences modules myself but have been afraid to cut into the existing wiring on my tail lights.

You said you took the wiring all the way up to the stearing column. I don't recall that being a requirement in the instructions. Am I missing something?

One of these days I will put them in Lawrence. I still have them in the original box you sent me.

------------------
AIM - SWags2933

84 Fiero SE (being modified)
88 Formula

Haze_Performance

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2001 03:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Haze_PerformanceSend a Private Message to Haze_PerformanceDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by IwannaIRM:
Ok, I have Lawrences modules myself but have been afraid to cut into the existing wiring on my tail lights.

You said you took the wiring all the way up to the stearing column. I don't recall that being a requirement in the instructions. Am I missing something?

One of these days I will put them in Lawrence. I still have them in the original box you sent me.

It was easy & well worth the look. You have to run the control wires (the little paired green & gray) from the taillights to the steering column wiring. Its a lot easier than the instructions look.

Good Luck (Thanks again Lawrence)
-Haze

------------------

Ferrari_cdn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2001 03:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Ferrari_cdnSend a Private Message to Ferrari_cdnDirect Link to This Post
Me want STS! I will get it for sure, just maybe next month or two.

------------------

'84 2m4, 4 speed, 106k miles (157k km) AIM: CanadianFiero

PFF
System Bot
lawrence

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2001 06:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lawrenceClick Here to visit lawrence's HomePageSend a Private Message to lawrenceDirect Link to This Post
IwannaIRM,

There are two ways to install the sequencers. The way that Haze did it requires you to run the paired control wires (included in the kit) up to the dash to be connected to the turn signal indicator wires. This tells the modules to sequence during turn signalling and hazards, but not to sequence during brakes. This is like the old Cougar used to be.

If you ALSO want to have the brake lights sequence (once per pedal press) then you don't need to install the control wires. You will connect the module control wire directly to the inside lamp wire (red module wire) and that's all. Installation this way will take less than an hour even if you take your time.

I sell a lot of these to Mustang owners (check the Club Site to see a few) and they seem to like the brake sequencing. I personally don't, but that's what's nice about my modules -- you have a choice.

If you have any questions, just ask.

-L

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock