clutch won't disengage by heavyhorse
Started on: 08-17-2001 12:04 PM
Replies: 2
Last post by: starfighter007@msn.com on 08-17-2001 02:41 PM
heavyhorse

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2001 12:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for heavyhorseSend a Private Message to heavyhorseDirect Link to This Post
My friend has a 1984 Indy fiero with a 4 speed and a 4 cylinder. He has ahd multiple problems with his clutch system over the years, but this one baffles me. He has a new master cylinder, new slave cylinder, the shift fork was replaced a couple years ago with an upgraded fork since his was bent, new clutch, pressure plate, and throwout bearing and the fork bushings are good. The problem is, you have to go almost all the way to the floor to get it to disengage or you can't get it to disengage at all. I worked on the hydraulics and his mechanic just replaced the clutch, throwout, and pressure plate and the problem continues. The lines have been bled mutliple times and appear to have no air in them. Any on else every wrestle with these symptoms?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Bluebottlejunky

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2001 12:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BluebottlejunkySend a Private Message to BluebottlejunkyDirect Link to This Post
Welcome to The forum, and yes, next thing you do is change your old aluminum clutch pedal to a steel one..It almost always works..The aluminum bends very easy..you can get a steel one from www.thefierostore.com or a local pontiac dealer (they might have to order it)Best luck..

------------------
Mike
85'GT 4sp
AIM: KilleRedGT

starfighter007@msn.com

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2001 02:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for starfighter007@msn.comSend a Private Message to starfighter007@msn.comDirect Link to This Post
yep your clutch pedal is the culprit

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock