Started on: 07-29-2001 07:30 PM
Replies: 4
Last post by: Capt Fiero on 07-30-2001 12:28 PM
Capt Fiero

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 260
Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2001 07:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Capt FieroClick Here to visit Capt Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Capt FieroDirect Link to This Post
Well it has been a long time since I posted here, but I said I would be back at some point. Well since the last time I was here, I have added a few things, first being the ASP Underdrive pully kit and next being an MSD 6A ignition box. Whoever it was that was saying that the 19# injectors were too much, was 1/2 right, and I admit that know. I have had to tear the motor apart due to a case of cylnder wash when I tried to go back to the 15#'ers after realizing that I might be better off with the 15's. Then oops the 15's leaked so bad that as soon as the key was turned on, they were dripping fuel. So I went back to the 19's and just dealt with the low RPM, Full Throttle lag, it was only slight but it was now becoming noticable. In my quest to solve it, I did some mods that you guys are talking about right now, (the air box swap) I tried advancing and retarding the timming, I installed the underdrive pully kit, eventually deciding that it was best to just keep my foot about 1/2 throttle until I got rolling and over 3000rpms in 1st. Yesterday I found my savior for my execisive fuel problem. MSD 6A box. (for those of you that dont know MSD stands for Muliple Spark Ignition, instead of sparking once it sparks several times aprx for 20' of crankshaft rotation. I installed it and imediatly noticed an improvment. Oh and I removed the cat from the exhaust as well as added a breather cap in place of the rear valve cover to intake tube pipe, I got tired of cleaning out the TB from oil being sucked up out of the valve cover and into the TB. All I can say is if you can find a good deal on an MSD 6 or above series box with Blaster II coil and superconductor wires, by all means get it!! The car runs like night and day. I am finally able to use and burn all that extra fuel in the motor as well as it pulls right to redline without any hesitation at all.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
88formula

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2001 07:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88formulaClick Here to visit 88formula's HomePageSend a Private Message to 88formulaDirect Link to This Post
mmmmmmmm complete combustion! That's what I need.

------------------

Capt Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2001 11:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Capt FieroClick Here to visit Capt Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Capt FieroDirect Link to This Post
Ya know I went out and checked, and my exhaust comming from the tail pipe almost feels hotter. If anyone has any suggestions as to what would be the best spark plugs please feel free to recomend them. (wondering is spark plug choices should be a serperate topic)
WisconsinGT

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2001 12:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WisconsinGTSend a Private Message to WisconsinGTDirect Link to This Post
"added a breather cap in place of the rear valve cover to intake tube pipe, I got tired of cleaning out the TB from oil being sucked up out of the valve cover and into the TB."

Can you tell me more about how you did this? I too, am sick of cleaning out my TB. Maybe pictures?

Thanks!

Capt Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2001 12:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Capt FieroClick Here to visit Capt Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Capt FieroDirect Link to This Post
It is kinda hard to give ya pics as it is the rear valve cover, but I will explain a bit more. I dont know how old ya are, but try to remember or think back to old V8 cars, On one valve cover they had what looked like a mushroom head plugged into a whole in the valve cover, it was a breather cap to allow air to be sucked in during idle or high vaccume situtations by the PCV system, and it would allow air to escape under hard drive or if you had poor sealing in your combustion chambers (read bad blow-bye) Well on the fiero there is a pipe that runs from the rear valve cover up to the rubber elbow that runs between the air cleaner case and the throttle body. I removed the small metal pipe and plugged the hole in the Intake Tube, I then took a spare valve cover and found a breather cap (mushroom looking filter) and put it in the rear valve cover. The benifits of it are you do not get all that hot air into the motor, as well as you dont get that oily film on the TB anymore. The bad things about it, if you have a worn motor it can blow smoke (blow-bye) out the whole and look tacky when you are driving. Also in extreme cases can get saturated in oil and literally blow oil out. They are designed so that when oil gets in to the filter it is supose to collect at the bottom and run back into the head.

------------------
David
85GT

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock