Started on: 05-28-2001 03:20 PM
Replies: 13
Last post by: FieroFanaticus2 on 05-28-2001 07:54 PM
FieroFanaticus2

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 59
Rate this member

Report this Post05-28-2001 03:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroFanaticus2Send a Private Message to FieroFanaticus2Direct Link to This Post
How do I tell which one my car is equipped with?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
FieroBritney

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-28-2001 03:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroBritneySend a Private Message to FieroBritneyDirect Link to This Post
If it's a 4 cyl, it's throttle body. If it's a V6, it's MPFI.

And if your next question is how do I tell which motor I have I'm just going to shake my head at you

FieroFanaticus2

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-28-2001 03:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroFanaticus2Send a Private Message to FieroFanaticus2Direct Link to This Post
I'm not that stupid smartass. Just don't have a whole lot of knowledge when it comes to this kind of thing. That's why I ask questions, so I can learn. I'm sure you fell out from between your mothers legs speaking 6 different languages and with an IQ of a rocket scientist.
And actually my next questions is going to be about the rivets that are supposedly holding on the rocker and rear quarter panels, but I'm not far into my project yet.
mrfiero

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 149
Rate this member

Report this Post05-28-2001 04:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfieroSend a Private Message to mrfieroDirect Link to This Post
I think the comment was meant to be tongue in cheek......not a bash towards you. FieroBritney should have used a to show that it was in jest.

SteveJ

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-28-2001 04:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SteveJSend a Private Message to SteveJDirect Link to This Post
Gee, I thought you were going to ask which was best. I'd take throttle body over any carberator but multi port is even better. Nice improvements in economy and ecology.
FieroBritney

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-28-2001 06:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroBritneySend a Private Message to FieroBritneyDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FieroFanaticus2:
I'm not that stupid smartass. Just don't have a whole lot of knowledge when it comes to this kind of thing. That's why I ask questions, so I can learn. I'm sure you fell out from between your mothers legs speaking 6 different languages and with an IQ of a rocket scientist.
And actually my next questions is going to be about the rivets that are supposedly holding on the rocker and rear quarter panels, but I'm not far into my project yet.

and I thought I had blood in MY underwear

CanadianGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-28-2001 06:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CanadianGTSend a Private Message to CanadianGTDirect Link to This Post
Oh boy..........here we go again. Anyone else see this thread going in the wrong direction?
Formula88

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post05-28-2001 06:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by FieroFanaticus2:
I'm not that stupid smartass.

You must chill!

I read a good bit of sarcasm in that reply. Don't take everything too literal, or you're gonna go grey way too young! (Unless you shave your head....like me )

Shaun41178

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 133
User Banned

Report this Post05-28-2001 07:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Shaun41178Send a Private Message to Shaun41178Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by FieroBritney:
and I thought I had blood in MY underwear

D@mn girl you rock. I like your attitude. Welcome to the forum.

Shaun

------------------
Shaun 85 GT with nitrous
0-60 in 5.6 seconds
Preferred Performance

sjp777

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-28-2001 07:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sjp777Click Here to visit sjp777's HomePageSend a Private Message to sjp777Direct Link to This Post
Yes welcome. We can always use more girls in here

------------------

88GT 5sp, in desperate need of an LT1
http://www.geocities.com/fiero88gt1/

88formula

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-28-2001 07:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88formulaClick Here to visit 88formula's HomePageSend a Private Message to 88formulaDirect Link to This Post
The Physical difference between MPFI and TBI is that MPFI has an injector for each cylinder located just above the intake valve.

TBI injection looks like a carburetor setup. There is a throttle body sitting on top of the intake manifold that looks like a carburetor. Usually one or two fuel injectors feed fuel into the throttle body just above the throttle plates or plate. You can see the injectors if you remove the air cleaner.

They both use the batch fire method, which means on a v6 engine the left and right banks with injectors fire back and forth from left to right. The computer meters the amount of fuel by turning the injectors on and off either faster or slower effectively metering the amount of fuel the engine gets. The computer uses the 02 sensor, Map sensor, coolant temperature sensor, throttle position sensor, and a few others the monitor the engines demands for fuel.

[This message has been edited by 88formula (edited 05-28-2001).]

PFF
System Bot
KissMySSFiero

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 111
Rate this member

Report this Post05-28-2001 07:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KissMySSFieroSend a Private Message to KissMySSFieroDirect Link to This Post
SO who is fierobritney. i think in the post about changing handles some guy said he was gonna change to fierobritney to get more responses....hmm coincidence?
FieroBritney

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-28-2001 07:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroBritneySend a Private Message to FieroBritneyDirect Link to This Post
I don't know what you're talking about.

How rude

Why do men always think they are such know it alls

FieroFanaticus2

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-28-2001 07:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroFanaticus2Send a Private Message to FieroFanaticus2Direct Link to This Post
Obviously nobody sees any sarcasm in my reply either. Next time I'll be sure to use a at the end of it. really, it was meant to be sarcastic.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock