1000 miles on new clutch and now it won't disengage by wardog85GT
Started on: 05-08-2001 09:02 PM
Replies: 3
Last post by: Greg Piet on 05-09-2001 12:38 PM
wardog85GT

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2001 09:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for wardog85GTSend a Private Message to wardog85GTDirect Link to This Post
What gives? I just installed a new clutch, pressure plate and throw out bearing in my 85 GT. I've put about a thousand miles on it with no problems until today. The clutch is not disengaging, and the clutch pedal is very stiff. I checked th slave cylinder and it seems to be working fine. The clutch was a CarQuest factory replacement. Any ideas? I dread having to drop the cradle again.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Bluemagic

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2001 06:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BluemagicSend a Private Message to BluemagicDirect Link to This Post
Sound like the springs in the clutch disc has collapsed and you have to drop the tranny any way have fun.
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2001 06:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonDirect Link to This Post
OR... if you had the old style, welded together clutch fork, it fell apart...like mine did.
Greg Piet

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2001 12:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Greg PietClick Here to visit Greg Piet's HomePageSend a Private Message to Greg PietDirect Link to This Post
Dropping the tranny is a fairly involved process, so before that avenue is explored I would like to ask you the following...
Did You see if the shaft that protrudes out of the slave cylinder moves about 3/4 to 1 inch when depressed(by having someone press the pedal while you check the shaft)? If this distance is traveled by the shaft then I am afraid that the clutch hydraulics are working properly and something else has gone awry(tranny removal time).

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock