Trunk Seal Difference on 87 GT vs. Coupe by Jeff-87
Started on: 05-08-2001 05:40 PM
Replies: 3
Last post by: Old Lar on 05-10-2001 12:03 PM
Jeff-87

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2001 05:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jeff-87Send a Private Message to Jeff-87Direct Link to This Post
Hi, just wondering if there is an actual difference between the trunk weather seal on a GT vs. a Coupe. I have one from a coupe and the one on my GT was missing when I bought it. If they are the same part (part # from GM), then I will use the one from the coupe. Just looking at it, the corners on the GT look a lot different from the coupe. Thanks for any help.
Jeff
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Steven

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2001 06:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for StevenClick Here to visit Steven's HomePageSend a Private Message to StevenDirect Link to This Post
Coupes (P37) 84-88 used a 20510193.
GTs (P97) 86-88 used a 20564860.

note: '85 GTs were notch back, and are the (P37) body style.

Now I have a '85 GT, and the corners are kind of rounded, and the pictures of the 86-88 GT's always looked more squared. My 2 cents.

stsmithgt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2001 06:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for stsmithgtClick Here to visit stsmithgt's HomePageSend a Private Message to stsmithgtDirect Link to This Post
If your trunk is the squared off type, don't waist your time with the one from the dealership. That one is for the rounded type of trunk. It comes in one long strip of weatherstrip. Somehow, I happen to know that it's a PITA to try to cut and glue one of those to fit. Ok, I waisted my money on that one. I need a square shaped one instead. The rounded trunk looks like it would take on one from the dealership no problem for about 35.00 bucks or so. At least it's SUMMER TIME! coming on so drying out the trunk isn't so often.
Old Lar

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 214
Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2001 12:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Old LarSend a Private Message to Old LarDirect Link to This Post
I purchased two trunk gaskets for my GTs. With the right part #, you will get one that fits ie a squared cornered gasket. (I did get a coupe gasket the first time) It just slips over the trunk frame. However, I bought them several years ago and I recall that they were very pricy at that time.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock