Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Technical Discussion & Questions - Archive
  Anyone used the 3.4 intake instead of the 2.8 fiero intake on their 3.4 engine swap

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

Anyone used the 3.4 intake instead of the 2.8 fiero intake on their 3.4 engine swap by David Gamache
Started on: 04-04-2001 09:17 PM
Replies: 2
Last post by: Black88GT on 04-04-2001 10:10 PM
David Gamache

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-04-2001 09:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for David GamacheSend a Private Message to David GamacheDirect Link to This Post
I am getting ready to reassemble the 3.4 with the fiero 2.8 accessories after I locate someone in CA that can re-drill or has a template to re-drill the starter holes on the block at a reasonable cost. I think the fiero upper intake looks nicer but the 3.4 intake design takes less gaskets and allows easy access to the fuel rail, injectors, and a number of otherwise hard to access bolts.My question is does the 2.8 throttle body bolt up ok to the 3.4 intake? I have not tried to attach the throttle body to the 3.4 intake yet and I am not sure if it fits the 2.8 intake otherwise everything else looks like it can be adapted.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Cooter

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 138
Rate this member

Report this Post04-04-2001 09:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CooterSend a Private Message to CooterDirect Link to This Post
I was going to do that on my 3.4 but there are a few complications to it. The distributer won't clear the intake. The position of the throttle body will hit the coolant outlet/thermostat housing. The Camaro intake does not have provisions for some of the water temp sensors that the Fiero uses. There are no provisions for the cold start injector system. And the throttle bodies are completly different. After I had my intake machined and welded to clear the distributer, I finally gave up and used the Fiero stuff. Oh, and the throttle body will be on the wrong side of the engine to make easy use of the factory cold air intake.
Black88GT

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
Rate this member

Report this Post04-04-2001 10:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Black88GTSend a Private Message to Black88GTDirect Link to This Post
David, Ed Parks told me its more hassle then its worth. Email me if you need that starter hole guide plate, I have lent mine out to 4 people so far for about 1/8th of what you will pay someone to do it for you.

------------------
Jeff
'88 GT t-top 3.4
Baltimore, MD - MAFOA

"Once you go black, you never go back..."

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay