Got my 4.9 Caddy motor need to sell my 2.8 by Bluemagic
Started on: 03-20-2001 05:00 PM
Replies: 7
Last post by: cardealer on 03-20-2001 08:45 PM
Bluemagic

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-20-2001 05:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BluemagicSend a Private Message to BluemagicDirect Link to This Post
I finally decided on the caddy 4.9 swap and got my engine today from a 93 caddy that was hit hard in the rear.Before I made my final choice I got hold of a Deville with the 4.9 and this car flew even with that big body the take off was awsome not to mention top end speed so I can imagine it in my fiero,I am taking out my 2.8 engine and will sell it to offset some of the cost of the installation,it is complete with new module and pickup coil and comes with every thing except the A/C unit it runs great not burning oil the milage is 89515 original miles and it is from a 1985 notchback that I will be converting to a fast back also.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
862M4inCA

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-20-2001 05:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 862M4inCASend a Private Message to 862M4inCADirect Link to This Post
Just something to toy with since I've got a fairly recently rebuilt 2.5 in mine, but always thought it deserved a V6. Was just curious what you wanted for it. Doubt I'd be able to do much at this point since I'm moving into a condo and wouldn't have a suitable place to do a swap. But I guess if the price was right I could always find a place to do the work. :-D
Carrolles

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-20-2001 05:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CarrollesSend a Private Message to CarrollesDirect Link to This Post
My 85GT engine is pretty tired. What are you asking? I'll be in Tampa in June.
bHooper

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-20-2001 05:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bHooperSend a Private Message to bHooperDirect Link to This Post
please, pretty please... document hte hell outa the 4.9 swap... with pictures, too

i am thinking of doing this, also.

hoop

Cozmo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-20-2001 07:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CozmoSend a Private Message to CozmoDirect Link to This Post
Definitely take notes! As soon as I get my Targa running right the 4.9 swap into the GT is the next project...

------------------
Cozmo
'85 2M6 Targa
'86 GT
'87 Coupe

KRMFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-20-2001 08:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KRMFieroSend a Private Message to KRMFieroDirect Link to This Post
Yes document the whole proccess, also what parts you bought, and take many pictures

Kyle

Cozmo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-20-2001 08:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CozmoSend a Private Message to CozmoDirect Link to This Post
If you have the space and really don't have to get the money keep the engine. Who knows when you'll run across a decent Fiero CHEEP with a blown engine...
cardealer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-20-2001 08:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cardealerSend a Private Message to cardealerDirect Link to This Post
862M4inCA email me with your email address, i have some questions for you.
thanks, tony

tonypaul@fastestcar.com

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock