V8 mileage by Richard Parnell
Started on: 02-26-2001 05:51 PM
Replies: 10
Last post by: v8vinnie on 03-02-2001 08:02 PM
Richard Parnell

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2001 05:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Richard ParnellSend a Private Message to Richard ParnellDirect Link to This Post
What kind of mileage are you other V8 Fiero ownwers getting? Mine's pretty lousy about 15 mpg.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
rockcrawl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 96
Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2001 07:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rockcrawlClick Here to visit rockcrawl's HomePageSend a Private Message to rockcrawlDirect Link to This Post
You own a V8 Fiero and you're worried about fuel mileage?!

------------------
Jon Lagler
'87 GT
4.9 liter V8 Testarossa Spyder (under construction)

99BlackZ

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2001 09:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 99BlackZSend a Private Message to 99BlackZDirect Link to This Post
That's what I was thinking. V-8 Fiero and MPG don't seem to mix. . .
If your V-8 is an old carbuerated setup, and is built, theh 15 probably isn't bad. IF it is a newer EFI unit that is close to stock, then you should be getting closer to 20.
I haven't ever owned a V-8 fiero, but I've owned a few V-8 Mustangs. My '95 5.0 was built slightly, and even had 3:70 gears, but I still managed 20 - 22 mpg on the highway. That sucker weighed 3600lbs with me in it too.
BBBAD GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2001 10:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BBBAD GTSend a Private Message to BBBAD GTDirect Link to This Post
I'm getting about 140-160 miles out of the 10 gallon tank (with only able to shove 8.5 in per fillup). Carbed stock 350. I'm not complaining too much. My old stock 87 GT got 25-26, guess which one I drove to work everyday 40 miles roundtrip

------------------

BBBAD V8

BBBAD GT (sold)

BBBAD 5.0

Tina

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 119
Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2001 10:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TinaSend a Private Message to TinaDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Richard Parnell:
15 mpg.

I don't think I ever got that much out of a gallon of fuel.
Even if I would behave for the length of a "fill"

Richard Parnell

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2001 01:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Richard ParnellSend a Private Message to Richard ParnellDirect Link to This Post
I think I'm in love.
FieroLT1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2001 10:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroLT1Click Here to visit FieroLT1's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroLT1Direct Link to This Post
CTY HWY
--- ---
normal 18 25
spirited 14 21
avg. 16 23

But I really don't care. I just like to step on it!

------------------
Winston Ojeda
88 Formula LT1
Milwaukee, Wisconsin, USA
http://www.FieroLT1.com
Home of the Fiero LT1
wojeda@FieroLT1.com

rprevo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2001 10:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rprevoSend a Private Message to rprevoDirect Link to This Post
With the 4:10 4spd and the Holley 750
I get about 16 if I drive it easy if I'm
into the pedal on a Sataurday night I get
about 10 MPG. 9.5 to 1 comp on the pistons and a cam Designed to work between 1100 to
4800 RPM.

Ray

v8vinnie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2001 07:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for v8vinnieSend a Private Message to v8vinnieDirect Link to This Post
i get a consistent 11 mpg in the city, when i first picked up the car i got 20.6 on a hiway run staying at the speed limit. i havent had it on a hiway cruise sinse then, im using a holley 1850 600 cfm, its old but im not ready for a change yet, my engine is the zz3 345 hp crate motor. i know that i will be doing a ingnition up grade soon, so i should see a slight improvement, it usually worked on my other cars, by the way , dont laugh but my 67 vette was getting only 11mpg after an ignition upgrade from about 9mpg aroud town and only 15-16 on the highway and thats with a 308 rear and a 4speed, but here is the big one, i did order one of those tornado air filter gagetes and my car actually ran better and i get a constant 12.5 mpg around town and 16-18 on the highway. im going to order one for my v8 fiero after i get a base line after the ignition up grade, it really works, my air cleaner in the fiero is 8 inches round in the inside and 2and one quarters high, with a k&n filter so i will get one to fit in there perfect, let you guys know if it works again for me..
elfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2001 04:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for elfieroClick Here to visit elfiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to elfieroDirect Link to This Post
with TPI,I get about 20hwy,15cty,10 if i'm
get'in it on.
v8vinnie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2001 08:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for v8vinnieSend a Private Message to v8vinnieDirect Link to This Post
i wonder if using a quadrajet,750cfm,and fine tuning the needles and jets you might have the best of both worlds using a carb of course, you can fine tune the primeries for around the town milage and tune the secoundaries for wide open performance, the quardrajet is easy to tune once you understand it, thats wy most guys stay away from it, i had a 81 vette with a 406 in it and i used a quad and a rich lean indicator and would fine tune my carb using this system and it turned out very nice, i could crack 24mph on the hiway with an 4speed auto with overdrive and a 3:23 rear and 400 pluss horse power, i may go that route again?
PFF
System Bot

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock