I Need a great 3.1 reman motor. by Bill H
Started on: 10-19-2000 10:38 PM
Replies: 4
Last post by: Carrolles on 10-20-2000 10:02 AM
Bill H

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2000 10:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Bill HSend a Private Message to Bill HDirect Link to This Post
I need a motor for my formula I would like a 3.1. If any one has purchased one please let me know your story good and bad.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
ThatRickGuy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2000 10:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ThatRickGuyClick Here to visit ThatRickGuy's HomePageSend a Private Message to ThatRickGuyDirect Link to This Post
I took the 2.8 out with a bad rod knock. I put in the rebuilt engine as a 3.2. total investment was right arround $2000 or so. true I could get a 3.4 crate for $1650, but then you start adding in things, and it'll shoot up higher. if I had it to do over again, and was planing on doing it (instead of, only means of transportation goes knock knock knock). I would have saved up an extra grand and gone for the 3.4 install. just to make sure I had enough to cover what ever happened.
maninblack

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2000 11:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maninblackSend a Private Message to maninblackDirect Link to This Post
what would a 3.1 brings the horsepower up to?
ThatRickGuy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2000 09:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ThatRickGuyClick Here to visit ThatRickGuy's HomePageSend a Private Message to ThatRickGuyDirect Link to This Post
it all matters on the cam. If you go for high flow exhaust, and either headers or open up the manifolds, with a strong cam, I can see you pulling 200 hp at the flywheel. I built mine to be more on the torque side. so I should be arround 175 hp, with arround 205 ft lbs of torque at the flex plate, stock exhaust an all.
Carrolles

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2000 10:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CarrollesSend a Private Message to CarrollesDirect Link to This Post
The major benefit of stroking a 2.8 to a 3.1 is in the additional torque. Don't get hung up on HP numbers.

My daughter had an 86 RX7 which was rated at around the same hp as my 2.8 but the torque sucked.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock