Door window glass replacement? by BAM-BAM
Started on: 10-18-2000 12:08 AM
Replies: 3
Last post by: RossT on 10-18-2000 05:15 AM
BAM-BAM

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2000 12:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BAM-BAMSend a Private Message to BAM-BAMDirect Link to This Post
How difficult of a job is it to replace the door windows? I also could use a step by step proceedure for this. Has anyone done this? I'm thinking,(and yes, it hurts) that the easiest way would be to remove the outer door skin and drill out the roller rivets, then replace the rivets. Does this sound about right? I think someone has mentioined this before. Heck, I may have even been involved in that conversation. Anyway, any advice would be greatly appriciated. BTW, I also found new glass for $55.00 a side, is that pretty good? Or should I keep looking?
LMK.

Thanks BAM OUT!

------------------
Don B.
85GT
Eibach Springs/KYB shocks and struts
Mr.Mikes 500 series seats, Carpet and headliner! YEAH BABY-YEAH

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
fiero56

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2000 12:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fiero56Send a Private Message to fiero56Direct Link to This Post
If you need passenger door glass, I have one in very good condition you can have for free, just pay shipping. I also have driver door glass, but it has the normal scratching, free, just pay shipping.

I would remove the outer door skins, they aren't that hard, and would make the whole process much easier. Drill out old rivets, pop new ones in.

Monkeyman

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 182
Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2000 05:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MonkeymanSend a Private Message to MonkeymanDirect Link to This Post
Can you do it without taking the skin off?? I need to replace both of mine but don't have time to take the skin off, etc.
RossT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2000 05:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RossTClick Here to visit RossT's HomePageSend a Private Message to RossTDirect Link to This Post

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock