How hard to replace door glass by 86SEFIERO
Started on: 10-12-2000 05:51 AM
Replies: 3
Last post by: mbramble on 10-12-2000 07:49 AM
86SEFIERO

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-12-2000 05:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 86SEFIEROSend a Private Message to 86SEFIERODirect Link to This Post

What degree of difficulty ? Any tricks to getting t done the easy way?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
RossT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post10-12-2000 06:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RossTClick Here to visit RossT's HomePageSend a Private Message to RossTDirect Link to This Post
I was going to do mine this past summer, but was able to polish out the imperfections, but I did do research on how to do it. Follow this link for help.
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/002108.html

RossT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post10-12-2000 06:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RossTClick Here to visit RossT's HomePageSend a Private Message to RossTDirect Link to This Post

RossT

3038 posts
Member since May 99
mbramble

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-12-2000 07:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mbrambleSend a Private Message to mbrambleDirect Link to This Post
The link directly above is very useful. Wish I had seen it yesterday!!

I just did this last night. It wasn't hard at all. 'Course I already had the door stripped down and it was laying on a table as I am swapping doors on my car. Make sure you have a sharp drill bit to drill out the rivets. I used bolts in place of the rivets when I put the 'new' window in.

And be very careful with the glass while it is out of the door!! The 'keeper' glass I took from my original door to replace the very scratched one in my replacement power doors was removed and installed without a hitch. I had the bad glass laying on the grass as we worked on getting the door installed. After picking up tools, etc., I picked up the wet glass (dew) from the very cool ground and gently set it down onto the carport concrete deck. It shattered on contact!!! No loss -- just glad it was the bad window!!

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock