Anyone with serious interior swaps, mods, or additions by msweldon
Started on: 09-27-2000 10:24 AM
Replies: 10
Last post by: msweldon on 09-29-2000 08:54 AM
msweldon

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2000 10:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for msweldonSend a Private Message to msweldonDirect Link to This Post
Being used as a daily driver for about 8 Years, although I've maintained the exterior as well as the engine and suspension, my 87GT interior has about had it. Drink stains on the carpet, cloth wearing out, vinyl is just starting to fade(i've had 8% tint for most of its life.)

I'm thinking about doing a total interior rebuild/replacement. I'm really interested in the EuroDash from PISA as well as their ZR2 dash.

Has anyone successfully installed one of these dashes or any other for that matter?
Issues, pics, pros, cons, covering issues?

Please send pics to marc.weldon@mindspring.com or post here if we can.

I've noticed in the gallery that one person has installed what looked like the ZR2 kit, so someone here has at least tried it.

Many thanks,

------------------
msweldon

87GT - too many suspension mods
& custom true dual exhaust

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Carrolles

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2000 10:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CarrollesSend a Private Message to CarrollesDirect Link to This Post
Jack Ditter installed a dash in his Northstar 87GT. I believe it was the PISA dash. He was pretty dissapointed in the quality especially in the A/C vent outlets in the center. The vent registers did not mount in the new dash very well. He had to do a bit of surgery to get everything all together. When he was finished it looked great but he said he wouldn't do it again.
Carrolles

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2000 11:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CarrollesSend a Private Message to CarrollesDirect Link to This Post

Carrolles

2799 posts
Member since Apr 99
I just realized that not knowing for sure which dash Jack used I should not have named PISA. I believe it was theirs but I'm not sure. Someone in the Gateway Fieros Club would know for sure.
Monkeyman

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 182
Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2000 06:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MonkeymanSend a Private Message to MonkeymanDirect Link to This Post
John Norman used the PISA wrap around dash as his base and customized it. From what I gather, he didn't like the quality, either. You could try to make your own dash. That's what I'm starting. The only thing holding my back is the cost of the new digital gauges (might end up going with analog).
80's BOY

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 340
User Banned

Report this Post09-27-2000 06:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 80's BOYSend a Private Message to 80's BOYDirect Link to This Post
you can also talk to Jeff D, whose forum name is fierov8. we were discussing the PISA zr2 dash kit and he said it was very poor quality for the money spent. he had to do most of the work himself to make things fit like they should.
fierov8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2000 11:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierov8Click Here to visit fierov8's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierov8Direct Link to This Post
Thanks 80's Boy :-)

Here is the link to a few pics of the interior of my work-in-progress car:
http://albums.photopoint.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=220465&a=6619340

In summary: Am I happy with it? Finally -- yes! Would I do it again? NO!!! Did it take a TON of time over and above what PISA said it would take? YES!!!

Ready to answer any and all questions about the interior. It was a project :-/

-jeff d
Fort Worth, TX

Dan86gt3.8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-28-2000 12:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Dan86gt3.8Send a Private Message to Dan86gt3.8Direct Link to This Post
hey fiero v8 are you in the north texas fiero club? What kind of v8 do you have and did you do it with an archie kit?

------------------
86 gt fiero
3.8/4speed auto
ace conversion kit
15" konig monsoon's
rear swaybar/ and urethane on rear.
Soon to come urethane all the way around. and new yellow paint w/ raised spoiler!!!!
(also in way future years forced induction on my 3.8!!!!!!!!!)

1FST2M6

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 66
Rate this member

Report this Post09-28-2000 06:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1FST2M6Click Here to visit 1FST2M6's HomePageSend a Private Message to 1FST2M6Direct Link to This Post
no real ideas on the dash.. but Automod in doraville has these for $178 each.
https://www.fiero.nl/uploads/corbeau.jpg
www.cwestco.com has a nice center counsel with provisions for a 10" sub.
MikeSchaefer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-28-2000 09:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MikeSchaeferSend a Private Message to MikeSchaeferDirect Link to This Post
Hi,
If you put enough prep-work into it, you can re-paint the vinyl yourself with great results. I did my entire interior in black for about $150 not including the seats and carpet, but all in all, $600 or so is great for a brand new looking interior. Check out my pics here: http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/1930/myride.html
Good luck,
Mike Schaefer http://surf.to/fiero

Fierov8: Wow, that interior looks awesome! How do you go about covering the vinyl with the leather (or is it vinyl)? I really like that look.

[This message has been edited by MikeSchaefer (edited 09-28-2000).]

fierov8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2000 08:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierov8Click Here to visit fierov8's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierov8Direct Link to This Post
Dan86gt3.8:

I am in the NTF club, so to speak -- only
made the first inaugural meeting. I've
been working on the car in my "spare"
time for the past few years. Progress has been slow -- moved to a new house and got stuck "renovating". That took almost two years away from the project.

The V8 is almost ready -- it is a 355, aluminum head, TPIS motor. I expect first fire to happen before the end of the year. The V8 swap is a total custom job - look at my album at photopoint (member name = fierov8@tensor.com) for pics of the swap in progress. Email me at the above address if you want more swap details.......

MikeS: The raw glass was prepped and massaged by me -- I had a local shop do the skinning in black vinyl. I had them cover the dash with a very thin layer of foam before the vinyl went on - it has a little "give" -- feels soft almost like a factory dash.

Keep the questions coming :-)

-jeff d
Fort Worth, TX

msweldon

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2000 08:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for msweldonSend a Private Message to msweldonDirect Link to This Post
Has anyone installed the PISA Euro Dash???

marc

PFF
System Bot

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock