2.8 turbo by jlruiz67
Started on: 07-05-2000 11:01 PM
Replies: 10
Last post by: sloGT on 07-07-2000 06:32 AM
jlruiz67

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2000 11:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jlruiz67Send a Private Message to jlruiz67Direct Link to This Post
Hello
I like to know if anyone thinks this is a good price for a turbo. It seems that the kit is complete and is for 3,000 for an automatic Fiero.

www.designonesystems.com/turbo/index.html

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
88formula

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2000 11:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88formulaClick Here to visit 88formula's HomePageSend a Private Message to 88formulaDirect Link to This Post
That is what you would pay for a turbo on any other car out there. There are alternatives to a turbo 2.8 for $3000 beans you know.
86SE

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2000 11:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86SESend a Private Message to 86SEDirect Link to This Post
I know someone that sells turbos for Fieros for $900. $1200 for an intercooled one.

Anyone want one?

jlruiz67

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2000 11:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jlruiz67Send a Private Message to jlruiz67Direct Link to This Post
in one word YES!!!!!!

Where can I shop for one of those

BBBAD GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2000 11:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BBBAD GTSend a Private Message to BBBAD GTDirect Link to This Post
Care to expand on this $900 turbo kit?

------------------
87 GT, Stock for now
BBBAD GT's Web Site

stimpy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 386
User Banned

Report this Post07-06-2000 07:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for stimpySend a Private Message to stimpyDirect Link to This Post
I'd like to know if the 900 dollah kit addresses fuel supply, or if it just a turbo and some pipes. Anyone can sell some tubes and a hairdryer, Design Ones' kit is set up to work right when you put it in.
BBBAD GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2000 09:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BBBAD GTSend a Private Message to BBBAD GTDirect Link to This Post
I'd like to see a kit that just addresses the turbo/piping. The fuel and timing can be done many different ways (ie FMU/bigger injectors and MSD BTM/Digicom). I say let the 'complete' kit with fuel stuff stay at the $3k price, and let the 'pieces' kit stay low so the individual can customize the fuel/spark to his liking and skill.

------------------
87 GT, Stock for now
BBBAD GT's Web Site

rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2000 01:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonDirect Link to This Post
I bought my kit from a guy on net that never installed it. It came with all vacume switches, stainless intakes pipes, wastegate, new exhaust crossover and muffler plus all the other little trinkets required, including a performance ecm chip, 175* fan switch, 160* thermostat. I did try running with 190* OEM but for some reason ran like crap. i paid $2,000 but same kit sells for $2995 from PISA. It runs great, put going on 40 K miles with very minor problems that werent turbo related, will run with any small block V8's except from takeoff. No noticable turbolag either

rg

turbo86se

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2000 01:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for turbo86seSend a Private Message to turbo86seDirect Link to This Post
I've got the older MillerWoods turbo on my 86SE. It's a different setup than the Design One, but made from the same person. I've got 52K on my car, with about 20some on the turbo. I've had no problems at all with the turbo system, but I have managed to crack a manifold, and replace the auto transmission.
It was bought and installed at IRM in Rockville, MD several years ago. http://albums.photopoint.com/j/ViewPhoto?u=226077&a=1676370&p=15792724

86SE

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2000 02:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86SESend a Private Message to 86SEDirect Link to This Post
What I got out of it was that he was just selling the turbo and all the pipe to install it, nothing else.
sloGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2000 06:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sloGTSend a Private Message to sloGTDirect Link to This Post
Ok,hears what you do,call Tower hobbies and order one of thier .60 5 blade ducted fan engines,take it and stick it on your intake pipe dont forget to duck tape the h@ll out of it.run you nitrous methane lines to it and voila you have a charger that is adjustable up to 1oo pounds of thrust!!! jk
PFF
System Bot

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock