IRON DUKE PERFORMANCE PARTS??? by BroCar 87
Started on: 06-16-2000 05:41 PM
Replies: 8
Last post by: phillip on 06-18-2000 02:05 PM
BroCar 87

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-16-2000 05:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BroCar 87Send a Private Message to BroCar 87Direct Link to This Post
Man, I never see any performance parts for the lil Iron Duck . I have an 87 and i was talking on another thread to someone who is putting on all kinds of performance stuff (intakes, headers, ect...). HOW DO YOU FIND THESE THINGS???
I've looked back and forth through my Summit and Edelbrock catalogs, my jc whitney is the only catalog that has ANYTHING for me??? What's the deal? I hear about HOLLEY AND EDELBROCK PERFORMER INTAKES... How do you find all that great stuff???????????
TIA
BroCar 87
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
GT Bastard

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-16-2000 08:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GT BastardClick Here to visit GT Bastard's HomePageSend a Private Message to GT BastardDirect Link to This Post
Shiner

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-16-2000 11:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ShinerSend a Private Message to ShinerDirect Link to This Post
"Iron Duke" and "performance parts" mentioned in the same sentence....it just doesn't seem right
GT Bastard

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-16-2000 11:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GT BastardClick Here to visit GT Bastard's HomePageSend a Private Message to GT BastardDirect Link to This Post
LOL... I was about to say that almost EXACTLY, Shiner! Then I thought: "nah, that will just make me look like a bastard."
2M4 Dale

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 79
Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2000 10:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2M4 DaleSend a Private Message to 2M4 DaleDirect Link to This Post
C'Mon guys any engine can be made to run better ! Plus my "DUCK" gets great fuel economy. Add that to new and upgraded suspension pieces and you've got something.

Bro, My Duck ran just fine. I've added a Powerstat low temp thermostat, K&N air and oil filters, AC Delco RapidFire plugs and after market "red wires" from the FieroStore. Now it runs great !!! It also has a new ZOOM clutch in it.

Plus my suspension is almost all new. New Monroe Sensatracks all around including the steering stabilizer. New factory rubber bushing up front. Prothane cradle bushings and a Ultimate Dogbone. Oh Yeah...New Goodyear Eagles to get what little horsepower I've got onto the road.

Future mods include a performance exhaust from the FieroStore and a high output altinator (better for my sound system) and new ignition stuff.

LONG LIVE THE DUKE !!!!!!!!!

ggarsk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2000 10:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ggarskSend a Private Message to ggarskDirect Link to This Post
You can get a Hooker header from Summit. Part #4702,$265.99 plus shipping. and you nedd a reduducer with a O2 hole...part #11046,$53.00. It takes about 3 weeks for the header...special order.
2M4 Dale

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 79
Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2000 01:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2M4 DaleSend a Private Message to 2M4 DaleDirect Link to This Post
ggarsk, have you or anyone else installed the hooker header ? I would definatly be interested in one of those !

It would be cool to hang with the V6's a little better. I'm gettin' tired of outdriving those guys. It would be nice if the Duke would do a little more work...lol

Zman302

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2000 01:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Zman302Send a Private Message to Zman302Direct Link to This Post
You will probably have to ask around for the intake from holley. I have the new holley cat. at my store and there is no listing for the 2.5 intakes anymore. If you want alittle better mid range call comp cams. I special ordered on for my 84 and it made quiet the difference from 2500 to 4000 rpm. If I can find my cam card ill leave you the part #. I've also seen cams for the 2.5 listed in the wolverine blue racer book and in the federal mogul performance book but they seemed alittle radical. with the comp cam i am still getting 25-28 mpg in town and about 32 on the highway with a auto.
phillip
No longer registered
Report this Post06-18-2000 02:05 PM   Send a Private Message to Zman302Direct Link to This Post
i was about to post about an encounter with some one on the street who said he had a bunch of fiero performance parts. kinda didn't believe him though.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock