Started on: 04-04-2000 11:12 PM
Replies: 0
Last post by: Capt Fiero on 04-04-2000 11:12 PM
Capt Fiero

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 260
Rate this member

Report this Post04-04-2000 11:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Capt FieroClick Here to visit Capt Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Capt FieroDirect Link to This Post
I hope that I pasted that link right.
www.members.xoom.com/dlagrua/turbo.htm

That is a link to Dennis's turbo page, he is doing what it sounds like a bunch of you are doing, only his is not just a turbo or just a 3.4 swap it is a turbo 3.4. His page explains in great detail how to and how not to turbo a stock 2.8, he is helping me over the phone with my 3.4 build up. As I am using a Camero 3.4 in my conversion. If someone has a question that I may be able to help with please feel free to ask. I have heard one interesting thing though. A guy bench tested a set of 2.8 inj, and a set of 3.4 injectors. Now keep in mind that the 3.4 are supose to be 19# inj and the 2.8 I belive are supose to be 15#. He found that his stock 2.8's were flowing better than the 3.4's. Which does not mean that you are going to get any more power with the 2.8 but you may not need to use 3.4 injectors. If you have the money to spend then by all means use the 3.4 but if you are on a tight budget the comp should be able to compensate and allow you to run the 2.8s and be fine, you can always install and adj. Fuel pressure regulator and get the 2.8s to flow fine. Anouther cheap solution is and please do not kill me for saying this, this is going to hurt but Ford 302 injectors are bigger than all of these not too big but are bigger. You have to buy a set of 8 but that set of 8 is cheaper than a set of 6 fiero or Camero injectors. You must and I do mean must port the Stock manifolds when putting them on the 3.4 I do not mean go out and spend 200$ on machine work just get a dremmel or somting and clean up the left over metal in the manifolds. A good gasket matching job always helps on the intake. I hope that I have passed on at least some usefull wisdome, I am just posting what I have learned from the experts.
David

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock