Started on: 12-21-1999 12:00 PM
Replies: 3
Last post by: Eric on 12-21-1999 06:09 PM
Cooter

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 138
Rate this member

Report this Post12-21-1999 12:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CooterSend a Private Message to CooterDirect Link to This Post
To do this, would I need to get a 3.1 block and crank, or just use a 3.1 crank in my block? Which would be the best way of doing this?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post12-21-1999 12:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarDirect Link to This Post
Cooter... The block is the same. The crank, and pistons (and probably the rods and flywheel) are different. I used to have a link to a very detailed page. I'll try to find it.
GREENDANO

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-21-1999 12:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GREENDANOSend a Private Message to GREENDANODirect Link to This Post
Stock Fiero rods with the stock block borred 0.040" over with a '90 or '91 Camaro 3.1 crank will produce a 3.2 liter beast. I built one using all GM parts including the big GM cam. Almost 200 HP. The motor pulled VERY well when installed in my GT.
Remember, genII aluminum motors are WAY different than our all iron V6's in the Fiero so don't get anything but RWD 3.1 parts.
Dan-O
Eric

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-21-1999 06:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for EricSend a Private Message to EricDirect Link to This Post
Just finished my 3.1 and I must say, the thing runs great. There's a lot of torque to be gained by doing this rebuild. Cooter, if you need any help, you should email me. The pistons, flywheel (88s retain original flywheel) and crank must be changed to 3.1, but other than that nearly everything is the same as a 2.8. There's a ton of info on old threads. You should do a search and spend a few hours reading. Good luck.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock