questions by AL
Started on: 09-10-1999 01:25 AM
Replies: 17
Last post by: AL on 09-17-1999 12:16 AM
AL

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-1999 01:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ALSend a Private Message to ALDirect Link to This Post

like to ask, does the fan motor work on any of your cars? plus where is the horns at?i have 86 gt that i just bought and i can't find the horns. also does anyone have the scamatics of this car? if so please send it to me.by the way i mean the fan motor in the rear.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
TOM

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-1999 01:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TOMSend a Private Message to TOMDirect Link to This Post
The coil and alternator cooling fan only come on when the a/c is on or the over temp light light comes on. I do have a schematic but in paper form not digital. I will answer any questions I can.
ChadMan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-1999 08:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ChadManSend a Private Message to ChadManDirect Link to This Post
Mine works! It's pretty quiet, too. I didn't realize it was on until I stuck my hand in front of the tube and felt the airflow.
theogre

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 568
Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-1999 09:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for theogreClick Here to visit theogre's HomePageSend a Private Message to theogreDirect Link to This Post
the horns are under the car. front right side below the radiator.
AL

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-1999 11:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ALSend a Private Message to ALDirect Link to This Post
yea but are you talkin about the motor in the rear?i thought that motor came on whenyou turned on car?so about the scamatics? is it possible for you to copy it and send it to me in the real mail?if so i can give you my address.
Greg Piet

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-1999 03:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Greg PietClick Here to visit Greg Piet's HomePageSend a Private Message to Greg PietDirect Link to This Post
That is funny, I had a friend ask me what in the heck those tubes were. I had no clue at the time, and shrugged it off as some wacky GM design. While working on the sequential turn signals (another post on this board)I stumbled upon the motor and figured it out. That just seems like a really neat idea(too bad it isnt a blower into the intake manifold too).

The wiring schematics are in the chilton repair manual. You can likely find one in a public library, or spring the 15 or so bucks and get one at a store.

AL

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-1999 06:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ALSend a Private Message to ALDirect Link to This Post
yea but does it turn on when hot or all the time?(the motor)
Phil

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-1999 07:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PhilSend a Private Message to PhilDirect Link to This Post
If your car has the rear fan (not all do ) it comes on with the rad. fan
AL

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-1999 04:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ALSend a Private Message to ALDirect Link to This Post
well my radiator fan came on but not the rear, guess it screwed up, time to buy another one?
Linx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-1999 11:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LinxSend a Private Message to LinxDirect Link to This Post
There's a second fan for shooting air thru those mysterious tubes in the engine compartment? I'd long ago discovered their use, but I've always thought it was air channeled from the pressurized (when fan on) underhood radiator compartment. Where the heck is this second fan? (and I thought I knew this car's innards like the back o' my hand)
ChadMan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-1999 09:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ChadManSend a Private Message to ChadManDirect Link to This Post
When you're standing behind the car and raise the deck lid, notice the "hump" at the upper right corner of the trunk (no jokes please!). If you pull back the carpet, you'll see the fan. It sucks fresh air from under the car and blows it through those tubes onto the coil and alternator.

Mine only comes on when the radiator fan is running. Try turning on your A/C - that should turn on the radiator fan and trunk-mounted auxiliary fan.

PFF
System Bot
AL

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-1999 12:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ALSend a Private Message to ALDirect Link to This Post
i will try turning on the air, to see if it does come on.i'm not that woried about it, because i just finished putting in new heads in it, and it doesn't get hot at all, but, i'm like alot of you, i like for everything to work right. also when i brake, i've noticed that the lights inside the dash and outside, they turn on but as soon as i release the brake they turn off. the light switch wrks when i turn the lights on but when i brake they come on as well, do all fieros do this? especially the gt's?
RFMike

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-1999 10:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RFMikeSend a Private Message to RFMikeDirect Link to This Post
Not good,Al. The dash lights should not come on with the brake lights. Could be a short between the dash light circuit and the brake light circuit.
AL

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-15-1999 12:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ALSend a Private Message to ALDirect Link to This Post
well i think the previous owner did a mickey mouse on it, so now i.m going to fix it right. by the way the fan in the rear worked when i turned on the air, thanks all.
batboy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 66
Rate this member

Report this Post09-15-1999 08:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for batboySend a Private Message to batboyDirect Link to This Post
To quote Ogre, "Check all the grounds!" The other possibility is that you have two wires shorting against each other. I've seen a blown fuse do weird things like that too. Man, I hate electrical problems, so time consuming to track down. Good luck.
AL

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-15-1999 11:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ALSend a Private Message to ALDirect Link to This Post
well i'm going to take it in , i hate electrical.another question, the rear latch is ther a way you can fixs it?i have to open it with key, but i would like for it to work.
batboy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 66
Rate this member

Report this Post09-16-1999 01:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for batboySend a Private Message to batboyDirect Link to This Post
The rear deck release not working could be in the switch, the wires, the release solenoid, or a blown fuse.
AL

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-17-1999 12:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ALSend a Private Message to ALDirect Link to This Post
yea it's the seleniod, can you buy another one and replace it?

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock