2.5L INTAKE SWAP by SkinnyJ
Started on: 08-04-99 12:09 AM
Replies: 1
Last post by: theogre on 08-04-99 08:46 AM
SkinnyJ

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-1999 12:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SkinnyJSend a Private Message to SkinnyJDirect Link to This Post
I READ IN A FIERO ONLINE MAGAZINE THAT IN 87 PONTIAC SWITCHED TO A HIGH FLOW INTAKE MANIFOLD TO INCREASE HP ON THE 2.5
I HAVE AN 85 W/2.5L AND WOULD LIKE TO KNOW IF THEY CAN BE SWAPPED (INTAKE AND TB) TO MY CURRENT CYLINDER HEAD WITHOUT ANY MAJOR HASSLES. MY 4 BANGER JUST DOESNT HAVE ENOUGH POWER TO SATISFY. ANY OTHER PERFORMANCE BOOSTS THAT ANYBODY KNOWS OF WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED. I HAVE K&N AIR,FORCE FLOW AIR INDUCTION, AND AFTERMARKET EXHAUST ALREADY INSTALLED. PLEASE E-MAIL ME BECAUSE I DONT GET TO THIS PAGE THAT OFTEN
THANKS IN ADVANCE
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
theogre

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 568
Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-1999 08:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for theogreClick Here to visit theogre's HomePageSend a Private Message to theogreDirect Link to This Post
No. The 700 TBI is a complete redesign. I would not count on it working properly with the older ECM. All it's electrical conections are differant, as are throtle cable hardware, and transmision cable.

Holly makes an improved TBI that is a dropin for the pre87 cars.

IP: Logged

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock