Fiero 3.1 EGR Soleniod problem by fred
Started on: 07-30-99 01:40 PM
Replies: 1
Last post by: Linx on 08-13-99 08:00 PM
fred

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-1999 01:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fredSend a Private Message to fredDirect Link to This Post
I just put a 3.1 V6 in a 86 Se Fiero and I have a vaccum line from the EGR solenoid which I can't find where it goes (It was Burnt). My ECM is giving me a code 32 (I believe) which indicates a EGR problem. my car is also surging when i slow down in gear. Can someone please help me on this?
Fred 3.1 V6
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Linx

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-13-1999 08:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LinxSend a Private Message to LinxDirect Link to This Post
Wow. I had to suffer the same fix.
There are three vaccuum ports on that solenoid; you didnt mention which one is missing, so you'll have to suffer my explanation.

The filter end of the solenoid has a single port. It's attached, via flexible hose, to rigid tubing attached to the firewall. On my SE, that tubing can be found below and to the left of the right hand hood hinge. That rigid tubing, in turn, leads to the air filter cannister. It's connected to the cannister via rubber tubing and a nipple on the bottom of the cannister.

The other end of the solenoid has two ports. One port goes to the EGR valve, and the other goes to a nipple on the manifold- that nipple is next to the distributor.

Confused?

IP: Logged

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock