3.1 swap by Todd Sullivan
Started on: 05-19-99 07:12 PM
Replies: 3
Last post by: PaUL on 05-25-99 07:22 PM
Todd Sullivan

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-19-1999 07:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Todd SullivanSend a Private Message to Todd SullivanDirect Link to This Post
I have a 86 GT with the 2.8 and also have an 91 berreta for a engine doner. can I use the wire harness out of the berreta in the
GT or is this a no no .If I can use it what is involved as far as the speedo and ecm,and etc.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Hock

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-1999 11:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for HockSend a Private Message to HockDirect Link to This Post
the fiero wiring harness is one of a kind. to get that swap to work you will have to use the fiero V6 heads, intake, and exhaust manifolds. not to mention the fac. wiring harness and an aftermarket chip. but as far as everything else goes the swap should go just fine.
Carrolles

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-1999 02:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CarrollesSend a Private Message to CarrollesDirect Link to This Post
Check to see if the starter is located on the same side of each motor. Many of the 60 degree v-6 engines have the starter on the opposite side from the Fiero motor.
PaUL

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-1999 07:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PaULSend a Private Message to PaULDirect Link to This Post
Since the beretta is FWD, the starter should be on correct side, its only the RWD 2.8s that had the starter on the opposite side.

As for the wiring harness, I would use the one from the beretta along with the ECM.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock